Thursday, March 31, 2016

New rating system!



Hello Bookworms!



Seeing that the reviews are a little... unorganized, I decided to make a default structure to review the books from now on.  Here's the roundup:


I will post this section before the actual review, and fill it out accordingly to each book.  Think of it as a summary on what you'll be reading.  It will have the following information and criteria, either filled out or rated from 1-10:

  • Author
  • Genre
  • Target Audience
  • Reading Experience (1-10)
  • Story (1-10)
  • Writing (1-10)
  • My Verdict (An overall rating) (1-10)


Here is the description of each one:

  • Author: Who wrote the book
  • Genre: The genre or genres of the book.
  • Target Audience: The group of people the book is intended to be directed to.
  • Reading experience: This is my personal experience while reading it.  Whether it took me a while to read it, or if it hooked me since the first sentence
  • Story:  Quality of the story.  If it was simple, complex, confusing, engaging or boring. 
  • Writing: The narrative, the points of view, the style.  Whether or not the writing and narrative style helped with the experience or ruined it altogether.
  • My Verdict: Overall rating, taking in consideration the criteria above.  This is my final rating, taking in consideration all mentioned above.


While writing the review, I'll go more into details of each of the criteria I rate from 1 to 10.  Oh!  And of course I'll continue to add GIFs!  They're fun, aren't they? :)

Anyway, I'll be making the reviews more organized from now on.  I promise.  Comment below if you like the new rating system or if you think I should change/add something.  Happy Reading!

No comments: